Acton Gardens Community Board Annual General Meeting
We would like to invite you to the annual general meeting (AGM) of the Acton Gardens Community Board to look back over 2021 and the achievements of the resident-led Board and the regeneration project.
The AGM will take place on:
Date: Thursday 2nd December 2021
Time: 6pm - 8pm
Location: Acton Gardens Community Centre, off Bollo Bridge Road, W3 8UU
Tickets: Please click here
Want to join the Community Board?
We would also like to invite you and your neighbours to nominate yourselves to the resident member vacancies on the Community Board. The nominees will be entered into a resident vote with the successful candidates being announced during the AGM. If you are interested in nominating yourself for one of the vacant resident Board member positions, please find details about how to apply below.
What is the Acton Gardens Community Board?
The Acton Gardens Community Board is the formal resident involvement structure between the residents of Acton Gardens and South Acton and L&Q, Countryside and Ealing Council. The Community Board oversees the regeneration of the South Acton estate by:
Providing feedback on the regeneration.
Ensuring there is continued community involvement.
Allocating Community Chest funding for local projects.
Attending quarterly meetings.
Attending tours, training, subgroups and consultation events for feedback.
What do Community Board members do?
If you were voted onto the Community Board, you would be required to:
- Hold the role for the three-year term.
- Attend quarterly meetings (held early evening and lasting 2 hours).
- Actively participate in each meeting feeding back views and opinions of the community.
- Attend other meetings relating to the regeneration of South Acton where possible i.e. design sub-group meetings, training, estate tours etc.
- Read the Board papers ahead of the meetings taking place.
- Vote for the allocation of funding for Community Chest applications.
How do I apply to become a Community Board member?
If you are interested in applying to become a Community Board member, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Why you are interested in becoming an Acton Gardens Community Board member (maximum 300 words)
- Contact number and email address
- Photograph of yourself
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Monday 1st November 2021.
If you have any questions about the Community Board or the AGM, please contact the regeneration team on email@example.com.